Little known fact about my team is that very few of us were born as Sydney-siders, we hail from a whole range of cities and towns across Australia (and the world). It is actually one of the things I value most about my team – someone always has a hot travel tip. I’ve asked each of the girls to prepare a post on their ‘fave spots’ in their home towns and over the next few weeks will share our favourite spots from around the world.
To kick us off Hollie is taking us to the sunshine state, to share her favourite places to spend time at when she is visiting her home on the Gold Coast.
1. Justin Lane Pizzeria and Bar, Burleigh Heads - Great food, great location, great service all you need is great company for a fantastic night out here. It has a cute Melbourne feel to it and a buzzing atmosphere – it is a locals favourite and is always packed on a Saturday night. Book or be prepared to hang in the bar for while.
2. Currumbin Beach - I’m a bit biased as I’ve grown up living by this beach, but it is an absolutely gorgeous swimming/surfing spot. Currumbin Alley has one of the GC’s best surfing breaks (also great for stand-up paddle boarding) the Surf Club sits out over the ocean, and if you are looking for a beautiful photo spot, climb Elephant Rock for an epic look-out.
3. The Village Markets, Burleigh State School - A great way to spend your Sunday morning. The Village Markets is hub for up and coming designers and vintage fashion. There’s usually live music plus food and coffee stands to get you through. TVM runs on the first and third Sunday each month from 8am – 1pm.
4. Elephant Rock, Currumbin Beach - I love to take a walk along Currumbin Beach than pop in here for brunch with the girls, it is such a lovely spot and has a great atmosphere, the menu is pretty extensive and the staff super friendly.
5. Point Break, Burleigh Heads You can not beat the location, Point Break is perched on Burleigh Headland with a deck overlooking the Burleigh Beach. It is one of my favourite places for a Sunday afternoon vino with my girlfriends or a long lunch during Summer – be sure to wear Lanolips lip colour with SPF!